Alpha Kappa Phi
Alpha Kappa Phi, or the Agonian Sorority, was started at Geneseo in 1885. The Gamma Chapter then came here to Potsdam in 1926. On December 8, 1928, they became the Agonian Sorority.
Originally starting as the Calliopean Literary Society 1850-1926, the group changed its name to Zeta Gamma Upsilon in 1927, realizing that their goals were becoming more socially-based, rather then literary, and officially adopted their Greek letters in 1928.
In 1955, the chapters were disbanded and they became a local sorority, with a residence at 11 Pierrepont Avenue.
Today, the chapter is about to regain recognition from the College. As of 2015, Ago is 165 years old, and the College's first sorority. Ago's colors are blue, gold and white, and its symbol is the anchor.