Alpha Delta Kappa
At its conception in 1869, Alpha Delta Kappa was originally named the Alpha Society until 1926, when the sorority changed its name to Alpha Sigma Nu and then again to Alpha Delta Kappa two years later on Jan. 12, 1929.
Alpha Delta was a social sorority that participated in community, social and school events. The sorority helped with numerous charity events and worked to donate money every semester. Alpha Delta's original sorority house was located at 46 Elm St. and sported the colors of purple and white.
As of 2015, ADK is 146 years old and is the second sorority to ever be established in Potsdam.