Delta Kappa Theta
Delta Kappa Theta was founded at the College in 1946, as the Theta Chapter of the national fraternity Delta Kappa. The group broke its ties with the national organization in 1953, becoming a local fraternity under the same name.
Their original location was 31 Elm St., until 1967, when they moved to 53 Elm St., where its brothers still live today.
In 1973, the brothers adopted an Indian child under the foster parent program. In addition to participating in social and community events, DK held a biannual Maddog Maddness Beer Blast.
Delta Kappa Theta was also home to the first African-American student to graduate from Potsdam, Booker T. Gibson.
Delta Kappa Theta is the oldest fraternity on campus, dating back to 1917, when they were Sigma Sigma Sigma, Tri-Sigma, which was disbanded with the outbreak of WWII.
Today, the fraternity's philanthropies are the American Cancer Society and Relay for Life. DK can be seen on campus sporting maroon and white.