Zeta Gamma Sigma
The Zeta Gamma Sigma story begins on St. Patrick's Day in 1955, when 30 girls met with the Intersorority Council and the Dean of Women to form a new sorority. The official signing took place on April 19, 1955.
At the intersorority picnic on May 22, 1955, the sorority presented its name, colors, pin and crest. The Zeta colors are green and white, and their symbol is a shamrock.
In 1957, the sorority moved into its first house, 6 Leroy St., but in the Spring Semester of 1963 the girls lived in dorms while they searched for a new home. The following fall, the girls moved into 24 Main St., which is still occupied by the girls of Zeta Gamma Sigma today.
Socially, the sorority has participated in many campus events over the years, including Ice Carnival competitions, Homecoming Weekend, Family Weekend, Greek Week and the Zeta Raffle, among others. Today the girls at Zeta hold a haunted house at Halloween and a popular event called Zeta Blast. They also raise money for charities like the Childrens Miracle Network and Habitat for Humanity.