Browse Exhibits (2 total)
The Crane Normal Institute of Music, established in 1886 by Julia Crane and later renamed the Crane Department of Music after purchase by the State of New York in 1926, has always been an inclusive environment and has offered clubs, orchestras, bands, and choirs for the students of Potsdam.
A collection of historal documents and information relating to the development of the Crane School of Music. Original presentation and research was conducted by Archivist Emerita and Crane alumna Jane Subramanian on October 18, 2002. A full transcript of her presentation can be found here. The information within this exhibit has been adapted and organized by Bicentennial Intern Katrina Rink, a current Potsdam student.