Browse Items (58 total)

Potsdam Women's Basketball Team - 1921
These are photographs of the 1921 Potsdam Normal School basketball team. These photographs were featured in the school's 1921 yearbook, the Pioneer.

Dr. Frederick W. Crumb
Photographs of Dr. Frederick W. Crumb during his service as the eighth president of the Potsdam Normal School. Dr. Crumb oversaw the transition of the Potsdam Normal School to the State University of New York at Potsdam, and was the longest serving…

crumb article 2 ogdensburg.png
This article from the Ogdensburg Journal, published on January 19, 1946, details the arrival of Dr. Frederick W. Crumb as the eighth President of Potsdam College.

Dr. Frederick W. Crumb's letter to the class of 1953.
Letters published in the Pioneer that Dr. Frederick W. Crumb wrote to graduating classes from 1953 to 1962.

Racquette Feb 1 1946 pg. 1.png
These two articles detail specific efforts made by Dr. Frederick Crumb while President of the Potsdam State Teachers College.

The article from February 1, 1946 addresses Dr. Crumb's involvement with the development of the army's educational…

Formation of the Afro-American Society and Legacy
Documents relating to the Afro-American Society at SUNY Potsdam, organized in 1969 for the purpose of promoting Black History and Culture on the SUNY Potsdam Campus.

First Building St. Lawrence Academy 1816
This is the only known rendition of the first building of the St. Lawrence Academy, since it was replaced by the North Academy building in 1826 before photography was available. The new building was needed because of increased enrollment. As…

Presbyterian Church, St. Lawrence Academy, and the Village of Potsdam public square.
This drawing shows the Presbyterian Church flanked by the North and South Academies. In addition to classrooms, the North Academy had a chapel, library and dormitory space. The new buildings were placed on the public square between Elm Street and…

South Academy Building
This is the first known photograph of the South Academy building of the St. Lawrence Academy, circa 1850. The South Academy building opened in 1837. The first floor was used primarily for the teacher department classrooms while the upper three…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2