Browse Items (7 total)

Racquette Feb 1 1946 pg. 1.png
These two articles detail specific efforts made by Dr. Frederick Crumb while President of the Potsdam State Teachers College.

The article from February 1, 1946 addresses Dr. Crumb's involvement with the development of the army's educational…

Potsdam Women's Basketball Team - 1921
These are photographs of the 1921 Potsdam Normal School basketball team. These photographs were featured in the school's 1921 yearbook, the Pioneer.

Literary Society Room
This is a photograph of a room, thought to be on the third floor of the first Normal Building at Potsdam, that was used primarily by an academic literary society. Literary societies were an important part of academic life. They held private…

South Academy Building
This is the first known photograph of the South Academy building of the St. Lawrence Academy, circa 1850. The South Academy building opened in 1837. The first floor was used primarily for the teacher department classrooms while the upper three…

Presbyterian Church, St. Lawrence Academy, and the Village of Potsdam public square.
This drawing shows the Presbyterian Church flanked by the North and South Academies. In addition to classrooms, the North Academy had a chapel, library and dormitory space. The new buildings were placed on the public square between Elm Street and…

First Building St. Lawrence Academy 1816
This is the only known rendition of the first building of the St. Lawrence Academy, since it was replaced by the North Academy building in 1826 before photography was available. The new building was needed because of increased enrollment. As…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2