St. Lawrence Academy to the Potsdam Normal School

Dublin Core

Title

St. Lawrence Academy to the Potsdam Normal School

Subject

Architecture of SUNY Potsdam- Potsdam Normal School

Description

1825- ST. Lawrence Academy was built.
The first Normal School was built in 1867 and rebuilt in 1916

Snell Hall- It originally housed the Potsdam Normal School, and was the Potsdam State Teachers College until 1958, when it was given to Clarkson College. It was renamed for U.S. Congressman Bertrand H. Snell. This was the site of the St. Lawrence Academy (1825-68) and the first Normal School (1868-1918).

Creator

Emma Trevena

Files

Normal School.jpg
Potsdam Normal School.jpg
St Lawrence Acadamy.jpg
Snell_Hall.jpg
Bertrand_H_Snell_1955.jpg
POTSDAM MAP.jpg

Citation

Emma Trevena, “St. Lawrence Academy to the Potsdam Normal School,” SUNY Potsdam College Archives & Special Collections Digital Collections, accessed September 20, 2017, http://omeka.potsdam.edu/items/show/163.