Browse Items (4 total)

South Academy Building
This is the first known photograph of the South Academy building of the St. Lawrence Academy, circa 1850. The South Academy building opened in 1837. The first floor was used primarily for the teacher department classrooms while the upper three…

Presbyterian Church, St. Lawrence Academy, and the Village of Potsdam public square.
This drawing shows the Presbyterian Church flanked by the North and South Academies. In addition to classrooms, the North Academy had a chapel, library and dormitory space. The new buildings were placed on the public square between Elm Street and…

First Building St. Lawrence Academy 1816
This is the only known rendition of the first building of the St. Lawrence Academy, since it was replaced by the North Academy building in 1826 before photography was available. The new building was needed because of increased enrollment. As…

Burns005.jpg
Clip from oral history interview with Robert Burns (Former Facilities Program Coordinator, Director of Facilities, and Director of Alumni Relations at SUNY Potsdam), interviewed by Joel Ehrlich on November 9, 2012.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2